This year at the 2013 Australian Hair Fashion Awards Corcorz will take part as a finalist for the following categories Hairdresser of the Year andÂ Avant Garde.
Carole and CorcorzAward winning hairdresser Carole Haddad’s name is synonymous with style and success. As one of Australia’s leading hairdressers, Carole has stamped her distinctive style on Brisbane and is sought after by many celebrities. Her success comes after many years of hard work and dedication to her passion hairdressing.
Carole opened Corcorz Hair in 1995. It was a runaway success and Carole became an important part of the Brisbane hairdressing scene. So great was her success, that Mirvac approached Carole to be a part of their flagship development at Southbank in Brisbane and in 2002 she moved Corcorz to its present location at Little Stanley Street in South Brisbane. Her business grew from strength to strength.
Always innovative, her work brought her many accolades and awards including the most recent, Queensland Hairdresser of the Year 2009.
For eight years Carole worked on Big Brother Australia and mastered the art of hair for the camera. She has also looked after the Ten News team and played an active role in the Brisbane media and fashion industry.
As part of her business ethic, Carole focuses on weekly training for the team at Corcorz, not only professional training but personal development and growth. She also provides her staff with training on small business management. Carole offers international hairstylists the opportunity to work in Australia and clients will often find a diverse, multi-cultural staff at Corcorz.
In Carole’s Own Words
I am a businesswoman, a mother, an award-winning stylist and I always have time for more! Since arriving from Lebanon in 1979, I have been quick to set many career and personal goals. Following the opening of my salon, I have grown the business exponentially and have won numerous awards at both state and national levels.
I have had the opportunity through my Intercoiffure membership to educate stylists in Korea, Perth and Brisbane. This has proven very rewarding and has offered great experiences that I can share with my team.
Being the Intercoiffure Australia Queensland artistic director for the past two years has also been a great honour for me. I believe I have the motivation and energy to continue to raise the creative standard we stand for at Corcorz and I have the passion to shape the current look and feel of the industry as we know it.
- Australian Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006
- Official stylists for the Cotton Parades at the Royal Brisbane Exhibition 2004 – 2009
- Intercoiffure Australia Queensland artistic director
- Australian Hairdresser of the Year 2007
- Australian Men’s Hairdresser of the Year 2007
- Queensland Hairdresser of the Year 2009
- Throughout her career, Carole has won more than 350 hairdressing awards
Carole’s checklist for a great hair experience
- Do choose a style intrinsic to your personality. Your do is between your and your stylist, not between you and your mother, partner or friends.
- Do be adventurous. Trust your stylist to keep it interesting, but realistic. Whether you cut it or change the colour, it’s the one decision in your life you
- can always reverse.
- Do find a stylist who will devote time and understanding to you and trust them. They will be your best ally in bringing out the best in you.
- Don’t be timid. Change your style regularly.
- Don’t choose a contrived style and certainly not one that you have to fuss over endlessly.
- Don’t pay for disappointment. Like all good things, preparation is paramount, so work closely with your stylist before the creating begins.
- Remember, your hairstylist is your most important beauty consultant. Find the right artist and you become the picture.